- Natural Attractions
Lake Kerferd was created in 1862 to retain the waters of the Hurdle Swamp for gold mining activities. Today it is Beechworth’s main water supply.
Once the scene of annual rowing regattas, the lake and surrounding bushland is a treat for nature lovers, offering habitat to a rich diversity of animal and birdlife. The lake can be accessed by a five kilometre walking track or by car.
Pack yourself a picnic and take in the beautiful sites and sounds around the lake.
Fishing is allowed. For more details check with the Beechworth Visitor Information Centre. Boating and swimming is prohibited.
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision.
- Public Toilet
- Picnic Area
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.