- Shopping and Markets
- Museums and Collections
Come and visit Creswick Natural Fibres in Beechworth to tour and learn about the history of Creswick Woollen Mills while enjoying the ‘A Very Fine Yarn’ exhibition.
The interactive experience showcases the journey of fibre; all the way from its source on the alpaca, through to the manufacturing process and how it ends up on the shop shelf.
This tourism experience offers a picturesque tour of mill machinery enabling visitors to follow the journey of fibre from the animals back right through to the luxurious finished product. Through interactive displays and AV, visitors will experience the sounds and sights of a working mill and see how the fibre process takes place.
Free self-guided tours run throughout the day and bus groups are very welcome.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Visitor Information Centre
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.