- Community Event
- 21 Oct 2017
- 22 Oct 2017
The Barrowthon is for friends and families who want to push themselves to show they care. Recreating a bet made in 1935, participants push themselves over 88 kilometres, from Beechworth to Mount Buffalo in a wheelbarrow to raise funds and awareness for a charity of choice.
The two day event passes through the scenic High Country, safely along rail trails and country roads.
The event requires a reasonable amount of fitness and is open to all all ages and abilities with support vehicles taking some of the load off when needed.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Family Friendly
- Suitable for guests with a hearing impairment, from mild hearing loss to profoundly deaf.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Suitable for guests with a vision impairment. Attained by providing for guests with partial vision impairment or total loss of useable vision.
- Suitable for guests with high support needs who uses a hoist and always travel with a carer.
- Public Toilet